Player Code of Ethics
I do hereby agree to abide by the Sherwood Park Northstars Football Club Player Code of Ethics as well as to the discretionary authority given all authorized coaches in the program. Failure to follow the code or coaches instruction will be deemed grounds for disciplinary actions and or dismissal from the team.
1) I will attend all scheduled practices and games. If unable to do so, I will contact my coach beforehand.
2) If I have an unexcused absence, it will result in loss of playing time
3) If I have multiple excused absences, it will result in loss of playing time.
4) I will respect all coaches at all times, calling them Coach or Mr Last name.
5) I will work hard in school.
6) I will respect and obey my parents/guardians.
7) I will respect referees and opponent players and coaches at all times.
8) I will have sportsmanship as my number one priority in all games and practices
9) If I have an unsportsmanlike event, it will result in my immediate removal from game. If I have an unsportsmanlike event that is a result of poor interaction with a referee, it will result in my immediate removal from game. At the end of which Coach, Parent, and Player will discuss further consequences of the unsportsmanlike event.
10) I will not use profanity or gang talk.
11) I will encourage my teammates in a positive way, regardless of circumstances.
12) I will respect, protect and maintain my equipment.
13) I will return all equipment at year’s end or immediately upon dismissal from team. Failure to do so can result in a paying for the cost of equipment.
14) I will conduct myself in a way that presents a positive image of Northstars Football and myself on and off the field.